Monday, September 11, 2017

My Thoughts on Quantum Mechanics

If I said I understood quantum mechanics, I would be lying. But I have some insights, and they are in the metaphysical realm, not the scientific.
First of all, entanglement. I was once watching a video, and the man said to look at it this way. If there is a fish in a tank, with two cameras focused on it at two different angles, you would think they were two different fish. When you notice they are moving in a synchronized way, you might begin to realize they are the same fish. That's what I think is going on.
We probably live in some type of holographic universe. I suspect it is holographic, and a simulation.
There are no particles. They exist as "waves of probability", which is exactly what they are. They are not "real" or "physical". Nothing is.
We are just an illusion in the mind of God. A multi-player video game, with God playing all of the parts. I'm not sure if I really believe that, but it is an interesting possibility. Stanislav Grof explains it best in his book, "The Cosmic Game".
I have been reading about quantum mechanics for 20 plus years. The simulation theory is the best one I've seen so far. The one that makes the most sense. Or makes any sense. I used to be a materialist and a skeptic. At that time I was completely confounded by quantum mechanics. I still am confounded, but not completely anymore.
Then there is the observer effect. Do we really have an affect on particles if we look at them? It's a little scary. I'm not sue I want that kind of power. And responsibility. Unfortunately, I think it is true. What other way is there to explain the double slit experiments, especially the eraser experiments?
Anyway, those are my thoughts on quantum mechanics, I'm sure I will go into it more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment