Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Are Humans Millions of Years Old?

According to Hindu mythology, humans have been around for millions of years, if not forever.
In Forbidden Archaeology, Michael Cremo shows archaeological evidence of deep human antiquity
According to Vedic theology, we are currently in the Kali Yuga, or the dark ages. The Kali Yuga lasts 432,000 years. Maybe this is why we don't remember our past. Interesting the number 432, which is a canonical number in the three cubed series.
27, 54, 108, 216, 432, 864
If Michael Cremo is right, and humans have been around for millions of years, what does that mean? Is there evolution? I think it would rule out Darwinian evolution as we know it. I have already ruled that out a long time ago, so I am not surprised. (This is merely my opinion on the Modern Synthesis, and not the consensus view on evolution.)
He claims to have evidence going back hundreds of millions of years. Honestly, I don't know what to think of his evidence. I think evidence for evolution is flimsy at best, but I think I would need to study the evidence of deep human antiquity myself to get a better view of it.
If time is cyclical, does that mean we reincarnate? I wonder if we do, and how often. Do we play out many lives each kalpa? Or just one?
Why are we here? I like to think we are here for spiritual growth. But it could be another reason, such as that we are here to experience. Honestly, no one knows. I don't claim to know, I can only guess based on experience.
But what do I think about all of this? Are humans millions of years old? Honestly, I don't think there is a real case for it. I think we would see much more evidence of ancient high technology. Ancient cities, vehicles, artifacts.
From what I've seen of the archaeological record, it looks pretty linear to me. I doubt all of the ancient high level technology cities were on the coast, and were ALL destroyed in floods etc.
What we see is hunters and gatherers, then small villages, then cities. There are of course anomalies like the Pyramids at Giza. But I don't think it proves an ancient lost high civilization. Especially not a series of them, like you would expect if humans have been around for millions of years.
Now, I don't believe in Darwinian evolution, but I do believe archaeologists probably have the timeline about right. Even the oldest known megalithic temple, at Gobekli Tepi is clearly built by hunter/gatherers. Now, I certainly think something MORE was going on, but I don't know what. I can only make guesses.
I think the builders of the Pyramids and Stonehenge etc. had special knowledge, not passed down through ancient secret priesthoods or societies, but through intuition and gnosis.
I believe in a kind of evolution called orthogenesis, which is evolution with goals. One of the goals is to evolve hominid creatures with ten fingers and big brains, like us. Some don't succeed, like the Neanderthal.
I think this is more likely than humans living for millions of years on this planet, or even forever. Honestly I just don't think Michael Cremo proves his case. There are no human bones dating back millions of years that can be proven. I think dating methods are sketchy at best anyway. I don't think it's even provable that the Earth is billions of years old. Let alone humans. At least he is honest when he says he had a motive for believing that. He is a believer in Hinduism and the Vedas, which state humans have been here for at least millions of years. I don't think he is trying to lie. I just think he is wrong. Where are the cities? Where are the artifacts? No, I think humans are relatively new on the scene.
Nonetheless, it is an interesting idea. I like interesting ideas. That is why I watched as many of his videos as I could find. I could not afford to buy his books. I would have liked to. But I think he gives his best evidence in the videos anyway, so I doubt the books would make me a believer.

No comments:

Post a Comment