Friday, February 23, 2018

Evolution-Saltation

My newest interest lately is evolution, so I've been doing a lot of research on it. I see a lot of problems with Darwinian evolution. I don't think it works, and I don't think it's correct. That's why I'm exploring other options and ideas.

It seems to me that evolution is structured. Not necessarily that there's an end goal, but I see a lot of evidence that certain forms are more often seen, especially with convergent evolution. I don't think convergences happened through natural selection. I think nature tends towards certain forms. I think these forms are based on underlying laws of nature.

I don't think things evolve slowly through small changes due to random mutations. I think changes are "saltational", that they come in discrete leaps. I think there are stages to evolution. That once an animal or plant reaches a certain degree of readiness, it will make a sudden leap to the next stage. I believe forms are dictated through the laws of chemistry and physics,and through unknown laws of growth. I think one of these laws of growth can be seen in the prevailence of the golden mean found though out nature.

Right now I'm researching "process structuralism".

No comments:

Post a Comment